Low Carb Chapati
This is a simple, quick recipe to make a low carb chapati to go with a curry.
It’s not an exact replica of an authentic Indian chapati, but it’s pretty good to dip in a curry with some cauliflower rice on the site. Plus, you only need a few ingredients, all of which are easily purchased from the supermarket.
- Small frying pan
- Measuring spoons
- 1 tbsp Oil of your choice
- 2 tbsp Finely ground linseed If you can't find finely ground, run it through a blender.
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp cold water
- Salt and pepper
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum This is optional but it adds to the texture.
- Crack your eggs into a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix your ground linseed and your xanthan gum together. Stir thoroughly until well mixed.
- Add the linseed and xanthan gum mix to the eggs and whisk like your life depends on it. If you don't give it a good beating, it will go lumpy. You can use an electric whisk if you want, I won't judge you.
- Add the oil to a pan on a medium heat and get it hot.
- Add the water to the batter mix and stir it in. It should be about the consistency of pancake batter. Thinner is better than thicker.
- Pour half the mixture into your pan. It will instantly set, so get your spatula and spread the batter around until you have a round chapati shape. A small pan is ideal for this.
- Once the top is partly cooked (not wet anymore), flip the chapati over and cook it on the other side.
- Flip it back and forth until it's lightly browned on both sides, then pop it onto a piece of kitchen roll and repeat the steps with the rest of the mixture.
- Once cooked, slice into quarters and serve with a curry.